I wanted to share this wonderful poster from the folks at www.livelifehappy.com:
I know life can give you crap that you never expected and certainly never deserved, but that happens to EVERYBODY!
What can separate you from everyone else is the fact that you do not give up just because of those bad things.
Take me, for example. This time last year I had no permanent contracts (or temporary ones either) and therefore no income. It had been that way for quite some time (over 2 years really). But that was just the start or rather the symptom of my real problem.
You see, in 2009, I suffered a devastating unforeseen blow when the second man I married (who I seriously thought was the love of my life abandoned me after only 10 months of marriage). Even though I tried to pretend like nothing happened, things fell apart rather quickly. Within two years I had no income, I had used up all the savings I had, I was forced to go on Medicaid, I was losing my house to foreclosure and on top of all that, I was arrested (not once, but twice for DWI). I actually spent two nights in jail.
Trust me….it don’t get much worse than that.
Despite all that misfortune, I made a conscious choice to turn it all around and I have. I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do whatever I had to do to change what was happening or what I had started happening.
Fast forward to today:
- I did lose my house to foreclosure, but I have been working steadily for a year on a promising long term contract. Plus, I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and have no doubts that I will be back in a permanent house within the next 5 years. Oh, and I will NEVER own another credit card!!!
- My family and I are living in a lovely rented house that we have customized to meet all of our needs. It is actually better than the house we were living in.
- I have a steady income and I have been able to replace a lot of the things I ended up having to sell just to pay the bills. Not only that, but next week my family and I go on a BIG vacation to Gulf Shores!!!!
- I now have really good private dental and health insurance for me and my kids
- I have resolved all of my legal troubles and paid all my fines and most of the fees.
- I have not been in any trouble. I do not drink any more, and I NEVER go out feeling sorry for myself. My days of suffering from PMD or Poor Me Disorder are OVER!!!
And the BEST part is that on April 20th, I married the REAL love of my life. A man that I actually met 26 years earlier. My first love and it turns out, “my ONLY love”. I would have missed all of that if I has stayed stuck in PMD mode.
So, let this be a lesson to you all.
YOU CAN ALWAYS TURN THINGS AROUND NO MATTER HOW BAD THINGS MAY SEEM – JUST NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn’t and no matter what else comes my way in life, I NEVER WILL!!!!